Dangerous and Prohibited Items
Japanese sake, whisky, beer, sprits, cooking sake (ryorishu), rice wine for cooking (mirin), etc.
Items that require temperature management/perishables
Unbaked sweets, etc.
Vegetables, fruits, etc.
Instant noodles containing meat, pre-packaged (ready-to-eat) curry containing meat, meat simmered in soy sauce, etc. Meat extract is also included.
Soy beans, sweet red beans
- *Miso and soy sauce are processed bean products and can be sent as long as there are no restrictions at the destination country.
Supplements, vitamin pills, etc.
- *Pre-packaged (ready-to-eat) rice can be sent.
However, restrictions may exist in some countries.
Milk, cheese, milk powder, yogurt, etc.
Food products which may be prohibited by the Plant Protection Act
Flour, coffee beans, etc.
Flora and Fauna
Including traditional Japanese flower decorations, Shimenawa (sacred straw ropes), preserved flowers, etc.
Bonsai plants, etc.
Live animals, fish, insects, etc.
Rabbit fur, fox fur, etc.
Items prohibited by the Washington Convention
Ivory, turtle shells, ostrich, leather products, aloe, etc.
- *When sending cosmetics, it is necessary to attach a list of ingredients to prove that the cosmetics do not contain aloe or other substances which violate the Washington Convention.
Hazardous Items and Medicine
Items which cause issues inside aircraft
For more information, please check "Dangerous and Prohibited Items (TA-Q-BIN)."
- *When sending cosmetics, it is necessary to attach an MSDS to prove that the cosmetics do not contain ingredients which will cause issues inside aircraft.
Computers, wristwatches, portable game consoles, portable music players, electric rice cookers, digital cameras, thermometers, video cameras, etc.
- *Items which use lithium batteries cannot be accepted even if batteries have been removed.
Merchandise containing dry cell batteries
Toys, flashlights, chargers, etc.
- *Items which use dry batteries cannot be accepted even if batteries have been removed.
Scissors, kitchen knives, utility knives, saws, etc.
Shock absorbers, cylinders, suspension products (hydraulic, pneumatic), etc.
Sodium cyanide, chloroform, sodium fluoroacetate, etc.
Narcotics, pharmaceuticals, medical devices
Including over-the-counter medicines such as cold medicine, eyeglasses, sunglasses, etc.
- Financial securities such as cash, checks, stocks, BLs (bill of landing) and credit cards
- Items that cannot be reissued such as passports and driver's licenses
- Parcels shipped separately by tourists, cargo related to moving house
- Weapons such as firearms and swords (including imitations)
- Precious metal, precious stones, jewelry, currency of each country, and other precious items
- Art works, antiques
- Items that are difficult to be appraised
- Cigarettes (including e-cigarettes)
- Pornographic material
- Articles for ships and airplanes
- Correspondence (according to Article 4 of the Postal Act)
- Other items stipulated by Door to Door Parcel Delivery Service Terms and Conditions.
- *Based on customs laws and other related laws and regulations, the required documentation is to be submitted to customs when the parcel is clearing export customs (declaration). If documents are not approved, the parcel may not be granted permission to be exported (as outline in Article 70 of the Customs Act).
- *To ensure that no issues arise in the shipping process, we ask you to submit an MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) for chemicals.
In addition to the above, we may not be able to accept parcels depending on the service, parcel size or packing condition. Please refer to the following links for more information.