Select a language

About International TA-Q-BIN

QWhat is an invoice?


Invoices are packing lists of cargo, which are required when sending any parcel to other countries.
This document must be filled in by the sender.

A total of 3 invoices are required for the International TA-Q-BIN service. Invoices are very important documents for customs clearance in export and import, so please be specific in filling in the document.

QWhy must waybills and invoices be written in English instead of the local language of the destination?


Parcels need to go through stoppage points before they are exported to destination countries from Japan. Taking into account the case that the local languages of the destination countries may not be understood at such stoppage points, we use English as a common language.

QWhat are customs (Customs tariffs and other fees)?


Customs tariffs and other fees are the tax levied by the destination countries.

As customs is tax levied to protect industry in some countries, taxation rates and taxable objects differ respectively. In addition to customs, some countries impose other taxes including commodity taxes and value-added taxes, and such taxes are collectively called "Customs tariffs and other fees."

Payment of customs tariffs and other fees

Customs tariffs and other fees may be incurred when parcels are imported into their destination country. Such customs tariffs and other fees are charged to recipients. Customs tariffs and other fees are determined by the judgment of the customs house and related organizations. Therefore, we cannot quote the customs tariffs and other fees in advance. Thank you for your understanding.

QWhat are prohibited goods?


Prohibited goods are those that cannot be sent due to laws and treaties.

In addition to prohibited goods, there are goods that cannot be sent by the International TA-Q-BIN service. Some goods are prohibited in all the countries, and others are prohibited depending on the destination countries. For information, contact International TA-Q-BIN Customer Service Center.

QWhat is the meaning of parcels shipped seperately?


Parcels shipped separately are personal belongings that are not carried, but are sent separately by those who work, study and travel in other countries.

Please take note that International TA-Q-BIN service does not accept parcels shipped separately.

For parcels shipped separately, the sender and recipient of the parcel must be the same person. If the total declared price of the parcels shipped separately and personal effects is 200,000 JPY or less, no tax is imposed, but the general goods handled by the International TA-Q-BIN service (i.e., the parcel of which the sender and recipient are the same person) is subjected to taxation.

QCan I purchase insurance for my parcel?


You cannot purchase insurance for respective items of International TA-Q-BIN.

If any contracted business customer who would like to send an item of total maximum liability of International TA-Q-BIN exceeding 200,000 JPY or wishes that the item to be covered by insurance, we recommend you to use UPS Worldwide Express Saver.

QDo I receive compensation if damages occured?


You can receive compensation up to 200,000 JPY per waybill.

However, if the price of the goods are not clarified on the waybill, the compensation shall be 22 SDR per 1 kg.

  • *SDR: abbreviation for Special Drawing Rights. A type of currency issued by International Monetary Fund (IMF) It is also known as "Special Drawing Rights."
  • *1SDR = approx. 152.4 JPY as of January 2020

QCan I send a parcel on cash-on-delivery system?


Only prepaid system is accepted for International TA-Q-BIN service.

If any contracted business customer wishes to send goods on the cash-on-delivery system, we recommend you to use UPS Worldwide Express Saver.

QCan food products be sent to America?


No. You cannot send any food to the U.S.
Food exported to South and Central America or Canada via the U.S. also cannot be sent.

QCan I send media such as a CD-ROM and DVD in the document pack size? And, is there anything that I should take care when sending them?


The document pack size is used only for paper documents.

Floppy disks and CD-ROMs are not treated as documents. If they weigh less than 2 kg, size 60 is applied.

When sending, please specify the content in the invoice.


  • Music CD: CD-ROM (MUSIC)
  • DVD recording video: DVD (MEDIA)

QCan I send a notebook computer or mobile phone?


We have temporarily suspended delivery for such goods.

Since January 2009, the sending of notebook computers and mobiles phones that contain lithium batteries has become heavily restricted due to handling regulations for international aerial transport for the purpose of safety of aerial transport. Even if the lithium batteries are removed, such goods cannot be handled.

QIs there anything that I should take care when sending the goods for return or repair?


When you send goods to other countries for return, please understand that any procedure for tax reduction or exemption of the customs levied by the importing country cannot be taken.
In addition, when you send goods that require repair to other countries, any tax reduction or exemption relating to the reimport of the repaired goods cannot be accepted.

Contact Us

Sending Parcels from Japan to Overseas (Export)


Business Hours:
9:00 to 20:00

Receiving Parcels from Overseas in Japan (Import)


Business Hours:
Weekdays 9:00 to 18:00
Weekends and Holidays 9:00 to 17:00

* Depending on the time, we may need to call you back.


  • All online inquiries will be checked. However, inquiries received after 6:00pm will be responded from the following day.
  • If you are in a hurry, please contact us by phone.
  • Please note that depending on the inquiry, we might need time to respond or we might not be able to respond. We appreciate your understanding.