To Our Customers:
November 16, 2010
Announcement regarding International TA-Q-BIN for the Americas
Thank you for using International TA-Q-BIN.
Due to the recent terrorist attempt made using air freight shipped from Yemen to the U.S., the American Transportation and Security Administration (TSA) has greatly increased security levels for air freight. This announcement concerns additional requirements related to increased security when shipping parcels to the Americas (North America, Central America and South America).
(1)We can no longer accept parcels which contain toner/ink cartridges when shipping to certain regions (*1).
(*1)List of regions:
North America: The United States of America, Canada Central America: U.S. Virgin Islands, Aruba, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, British Virgin Islands, El Salvador, Netherlands Antilles, Cuba, Guatemala, Guadeloupe, Grenada, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Saint Kitts, Saint Vincent, Saint Eustatius, Saint Lucia, Turks and Caicos Islands, Dominican Republic, Commonwealth of Dominica, Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, Nicaragua, Haiti, Panama, Bahamas, Bermuda Islands, Barbados, Puerto Rico, Belize, Honduras, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat South America: Argentina, Uruguay, Ecuador, Guyana, Colombia, Suriname, Chile, Paraguay, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Venezuela, Bolivia
- (2)X-ray scanning will be performed for all parcels. Therefore, delivery will take longer than usual for all of the regions listed above.
- (3)Furthermore, for parcels destined for the United States, the following information is required in order to clear customs. In order to ensure smooth customs procedures, please enter the following number in the area beneath the “Grand Total” section on the invoice (see attached image). (Parcels can be shipped even if the numbers are not entered.) If the numbers are not entered, confirmation will be made via telephone call to the recipient at the time of clearing United States import customs. If the numbers listed below cannot be confirmed, importation will be refused and parcels will be returned.
- (*2)IRS Number…Number issued by the United States IRS (Internal Revenue Service).
- (*3)Social Security Number…A number issued to United States citizens, permanent residents and laborers listed in Article 205 Section C2 of the Social Security Act within U.S. Code.
November 16, 2010
- *A separate announcement will be made regarding the resumption of acceptance and the elimination of delivery delays.
(Sample shipping label) Please click here for detailed information on International TA-Q-BIN services.
- *Please confirm the IRS Number and Social Security Number with the recipient in advance and enter it on the shipping label.