Policy for Protecting Personal Information
Initial version: April 1, 2005
Latest revised version: November 3, 2006
Understanding that it is a corporate social responsibility to be compliant with the Personal Information Protection Law in Japan, Yamato Transport Co., Ltd. (hereinafter the "Company") has instituted the following policy for handling in a proper manner such personal information that can identify a specific individual as a customer's name, address, email address, etc., (hereinafter referred to as the "Personal Information") .
- 1. Compliance with Applicable Laws and Regulations
- In dealing with Personal Information, the Company will observe all applicable laws and regulations concerning protection of Personal Information as well as the Company's in-house rules.
- 2.Obtaining Personal Information
- In obtaining Personal Information, the Company shall inform the customer of the reasons for use and the Company's department in charge, while limiting the scope of information to the extent necessary.
- 3. Proper Management of Personal Information
- The Personal Information will be kept up-to-date, and the Company shall take measures to prevent unlawful access to loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, etc., of the Personal Information.
- 4. Restriction on Disclosure to Third Parties
- The Company shall not provide any Personal Information to any other third party without obtaining prior consent from the relevant customer, unless provided for otherwise by law.
- 5. Control of Contractors
- When a third party is consigned to deal with the Personal Information, the Company shall take such necessary measures as executing a confidentiality agreement to cause the third party to manage the Personal Information properly.
- 6. Shared Use
- The Personal Information will be shared among and within the Yamato Group companies. Please refer here for details.
- 7. Enquiries for Disclosure of Personal Information
- Any request or enquiries for disclosure, correction, deletion or suspension of use of the Personal Information, addressed to our service center unless provided for otherwise by law, shall be responded to promptly by the Company to a reasonable extent. Please refer here for details.
- 8. Management Structure
- To enhance the Company-wide approach to the protection of the Personal Information, the Company shall setup the "Information Security Committee", assign a person in charge at each department dealing with the Personal Information, and continuously promote its employees' education and enlightenment.
- 9. Continuous Improvements
- In view of the developments in information technology and the changes in social requirements, the Company is determined to implement continuous improvements in its management structure and approaches to ensure protection of the Personal Information.
November 3, 2006
Yamato Transport Co., Ltd.
(Business operator handling personal information)
For any inquiries regarding the handling of personal information, contact our service center.
- Headquarters service center: 03-3541-3411
- (Business Hours : Weekdays 9 am - 5 pm)