UPS Worldwide Express Saver
Once shipping preparations are complete, check the fees using the zone chart and fee chart provided below, based on service type, weight and destination country.
A fuel surcharge has been collected since October 1st, 2007. For details, view the fuel surcharge page provided below.
Use the prohibited items list provided below to confirm items which are prohibited in all countries.
Special Handling Fees
The fees listed below are billed in addition to basic charges.
|Duty and Tax Forwarding Surcharge||JPY 1,620 per waybill|
|Address correction charge||JPY 500 per waybill|
|Lookup Surcharge||JPY 1,350 per waybill|
|Chargeback fee||actual cost per waybill|
- *Separate additional fees may be applied when exporting to certain countries.
- *The maximum charge for address change fee is 4,000 JPY per shipment.
Setting the Declared Value for Compensation
In the rare event of a lost or damaged parcel, a maximum of 11,000 JPY in damage compensation will be provided free of charge for each shipment.
It is possible to add additional compensation for parcels exceeding 11,000 JPY.
Up to 11,000 JPY in compensation is provided free of charge. When exceeding 11,000 JPY, additional compensation is available by paying 120 JPY in ad valorem fees per 11,000 JPY.
(However, depending on the condition of packaging by the customer, it may not be possible to provide compensation for the full amount.)
Notes for Using Our Services
- Generally speaking, the contents of parcels should be packed using buffering materials with a thickness of 5 to 6 cm.
In particular, use double-layer packaging for glass and fragile items.
If it is judged that packaging was insufficient, compensation may not be possible even when ad valorem fees have been added.
- When ad valorem fees are not paid, the maximum compensation amount for loss or damage will be 11,000* JPY.**
- We take no responsibility for indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from negligence or other failure to fulfill duties.
However, this excludes cases in which other regulations are defined by law. (Compensation does not include lost profit or costs such as signal codes which arise due to loss or damage.)
- All negotiation and compensation for freight-related accidents shall be conducted with the consigner.
- *English terms and conditions state a limit of US $100. This shall be converted to 11,000 JPY.
- **Contact the UPS Japan Customer Service Center (0120-74-2877, English or Japanese only) for further details.
Notes for Sending Notebook Computers/Mobile Phones:
From January 2009, in order to ensure safe air transport, restrictions on handling for international air transport have become stricter when performing overseas shipping of notebook computers, mobile phones and other devices containing lithium batteries.
Individual transportation contracts are required between the sender and Yamato. Therefore, we have stopped consignment of such items.