Undeliverable Items by International TA-Q-BIN (Commonly Prohibited Articles in Each Country)
In addition to commonly prohibited articles for the countries listed below, there are articles prohibited depending on each country. Please be sure to check ourCountry Guide (Japanese only).
|Items||Examples of Undeliverable|
|Food||Liquor||Japanese sake, whisky, beer, regular liquor, cooking liquor, sweet cooking rice wine, etc.|
|Items that require temperature management/perishables||Unbaked cakes, etc.|
|Fresh food||Vegetables, fruits, etc.|
|Meat products||Instant noodles containing meat, retort-pouched curry containing meat, food boiled in soy sauce, etc. Meat extract included.|
|Health food||Supplements, vitamin pills, etc.|
|Raw rice||*Retort-pouched rice can be sent.|
|Dairy products||Milk, cheese, dry milk, yogurt, etc.|
|Flora and Fauna||Cut flowers||Including traditional Japanese decorations for New Year, Shimenawa (sacred straw ropes)|
|Seeds, dirt||Bonsai plants, etc.|
|Live animals, fish, insects, etc.|
|Fur||Rabbit, fox, etc.|
|Items prohibited by the Washington Convention (CITES: Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora)||Ivory, turtle shells, ostrich, leather products, etc.|
|Hazardous Items/Medicines||Hazardous items||Lighters, fireworks, nail polish, spray, hair mousse, adhesive agents, paint, perfume, pocket warmers, coal, magnets, lithium batteries*, etc. (*For shipping products containing lithium batteries such as notebook personal computers, mobile phones, portable game players, please see FAQ .)|
|Knives||Scissors, kitchen knives, cutter knives, saws, etc.|
|Gas springs||Including gas type shock absorbers for automobiles and gas spring for opening and closing rear gates|
|Narcotics/Drugs||Including medicines such as cold medicine|
|Others||Financial securities such as cash, cheques, stocks, BLs (bill of landing) and credit cards|
|Items that cannot be reissued such as passports and driver’s licenses|
|Firearms and swords (including imitations)|
|Precious metal, precious stones, jewelry, currency of each country, and other precious items|
|Items that are difficult to be appraised|
|Goods separately sent by tourists and goods for moving|
|Electromagnetic wave treatment devices|
|Articles for ships/articles for airplanes|
|Confidential documents (according to Article 4 of Postal Act) * Please confirm here for guidelines of documents falling under "confidential documents". (Japanese only)|
|Other items stipulated by International Door to Door Parcel Delivery Service Terms and Conditions (PDF: 68KB)|
For details, please contact International TA-Q-BIN Toll-Free 0120-5931-69 (Japanese only).
Notes for Using Our Services
- Each country has prohibited articles in addition to commonly prohibited articles. Please be sure to check ourCountry Guide (Japanese only)
- Maximum size is when the combined total of the length, width, and height is within 160 cm, and the maximum weight is up to 25 kg.
- The total maximum liability for International TA-Q-BIN is 200,000 JPY. However, if the value of the article is not clarified in the shipping label, the total maximum liability is 19 SDRs per kg.
- We do not accept parcels for delivery to post-office boxes, guests at hotels or lodges, schools and boarding houses.
- Due to the condition of the parcel, customs circumstances, and weather, etc., delivery of your parcel may be delayed or your parcel may not be delivered.
- Due to the circumstances in each country, undeliverable items and items that can be sent as documents are subject to change without notice and we reserve the right to revise the items that we accept.
- For damaged or lost parcels, we will directly compensate and negotiate with the sender at all times.
- Parcels are for the most part not delivered on weekends and local national holidays in the destination country/region of your parcel.
- Export and import customs clearance is not conducted on weekends and local national holidays.
- International TA-Q-BIN is delivered by Yamato Group overseas affiliates that have the TA-Q-BIN brand ("宅急便" or "TA-Q-BIN") while International TA-Q-BIN is delivered by cooperating companies in other areas.
- Other matters are in accordance with International Door to Door Parcel Delivery Service Terms and Conditions. (PDF: 68KB)
International TA-Q-BIN cannot be used to send personal belongings (items sent separately) overseas for studying abroad, overseas transfers, and trips. Even if you send your belongings (items sent separately) overseas by International TA-Q-BIN, they are not exempt from taxes. Please understand in advance that additional costs such as tariffs may occur depending on the country and contents. If you would like to send your belongings (items sent separately), please use Ku･ro･ne･ko International Moving.